Caffeine is a stimulant of cell metabolism, which leads to the cell regrowth and multiplication in hair follicles.
It can also be absorbed through the scalp! Amazing, right? This has led to the production of caffeinated shampoos and many other products, especially when because is considered that follicular drug administration is a prerequisite for effective treatment of several scalp conditions that cause hair to fall out.
According to a study, caffeine penetration and absorption through the scalp takes only 2 minutes.
There are many treatments and marketed products caffeine-based for hair growth and regrowth but you can also do your own DIY Coffee treatment to get great growth.
SO HERE ARE 3 COFFEE ALTERNATIVE RECIPES FOR STUNNING HAIR GROWTH
Coffee grounds can be dried and infused into oil which can be rubbed on the scalp either directly or when combined with pre-made shampoo or conditioner treatments. Also, coffee can be used to make a rinse infusion for wash days.
1. DIY COFFEE OIL RECIPE
1 cup of dark roast coffee
Note: All oils must be 100% organic.
– Place all the ingredients into a small crockpot and heat at a very low heat (between 100-200 degrees Fahrenheit) for about 8 hours.
– Stir every hour to prevent settling.
– The oil will get super dark and you’ll begin to smell the coffee.
– Once the time is up, use a cheesecloth to drain the coffee oil once it has cooled down.
– You can also add growth stimulating essential oils like rosemary, lavender, and peppermint at about 6-12 drops per oz for a more potent mix.
– Place in a glass container.
– You can use this every night and shower it out in the mornings.
This coffee oil is great for growth and regrowth of hair. You can use it every day as the directions say if you have any bald spot and wants to regrowth, or use it just once or twice a week if it is just to increase your hair growth rate.
2. COFFEE HAIR RINSE
7oz Trader Joe’s Coffee concentrate o 7 oz of a pretty concentrated coffee.
– Mix these ingredients together.
– Use after every hair wash to help stimulate follicle growth.
Coffe rinse is really good for hair growth. You should do it every wash day for a least a month to notice the difference in your hair growth rate. Constancy is key on this.
3. DIY COFFEE OIL SHAMPOO and CONDITIONER RECIPE
3 ounces of green or roasted whole coffee beans
3 cups of Virgin Coconut oil
A wash day amount of your favorite shampoo or conditioner for every wash.
– Pour the coconut oil into a small glass crock pot
– Add the 3 ounces of coffee beans
– Cover the beans and the oil and cook for approximately 5-6 hours over a slow heat. Regular checks might be necessary to ensure the oil and the beans do not burn up. Be sure to stir the mixture every half hour or so.
– When the mixture is cooked, turn off the crockpot and use a paper coffee filter to strain the oil and remove the beans, which can now be disposed of.
– Pour the oil into a clean container, ready for use.
– You can apply this oil directly to the scalp as a variation of the DIY coffee oil recipe or combined with your shampoo or conditioner and leave it for 5-8 minutes.
– Rinse thoroughly with plenty of cold water.
This additament is great for hair growth. Remember to mix the right amount of each use, so that you don’t store the mix for too long.
It’s important to note that everyone reacts differently to the effects of caffeine. There are people that should limit their use of caffeine on a daily basis. The same goes for women that are nursing and pregnant women, who should limit or eliminate the use of caffeine according to their doctor’s instructions.
If you’re using other hair growth supplements or prescription drugs, consider talking with your healthcare provider to determine if caffeine will cause any adverse reactions.
I’m looking forward to further experimentation, but in the meantime, I am loving the luxuriousness of my homemade concoctions, especially the coffee oil.
Tell us what you think! Would you be willing to use coffee topically to recharge your hair growth? What are your tips for hair regrowth?
Get tons of beauty tips and tricks at KinkyFro!
Note: Each word underlined or blue is linked.