Flaxseed gel is excellent for hair definition. If you haven’t tried to make your own homemade hair fixer and definer yet and you have that curiosity, you should definitely try this one!
Flaxseed gel has amazing benefits for our hair, among which are:
– Stronger Hair.
– Avoid falling and/or alopecia.
– Brighter and Healthier Hair.
– More defined and flexible Curls.
– Avoid frizz.
– More hydrated Hair.
– Achieve fixation without using lacquer, foam, hair gel or fixing gels.
What you need:
– 4 tablespoons of blonde or brunette flaxseed.
– 2 cup of water (16 Oz.)
– 1 strainer * preferably a metallic one.
– 1 applicator bottle or storage container.
– 2- 4 drops of essential oils (optional)
How to do it:
– Put the water in a bowl over medium heat and add the tablespoons of flaxseed.
– Lower the heat immediately when it begins to boil and stir occasionally.
– After 10-15 minutes check the consistency of the gel and turn the heat off.
– Then strain the gel quickly into a glass container and let it cool.
Your gel is ready, after allowing it to cool to room temperature you can pour it into your selected container to store or apply.
From these measurements, you can make variations such as adding a few drops of essential oils, making it lighter or thicker, if you have long hair you can make two servings!
To apply you can use the defining method of your preference, being more common and convenient the “Wash and GO” and the “Shingling Method”.
To the girls who complain that the flaxseed gel leaves whitish residues, I recommend you lighten the recipe and try at least 3 different leave-ins, (if you have them) in different applications since residue greatly depends on the leave-in and the intensity of the gel we use.
Get tons of beauty tips and tricks at KinkyFro!
Note: Each word underlined or blue is linked.