Fully Natural organic oils are extremely important for our hair. They can be applied in different ways and contribute to the nutrition, strengthening, hydration and growth of our hair.
If you get 100% organic oils you don’t have to worry about damaging your hair with the sun because that happens just with oils that industries mix with petroleum jelly and other ingredients harmful to our hair.
So, here is a list of 5 great Oils to Promote Hair Growth.
1. Castor Oil
As we always say, Castor Oil is excellent for growth promotion. This helps to stimulate the circulation of the scalp and for its incredible benefits is among the oils that we all must have.
This oil also adds body to your hair, prevents weakening, attracts moisture, softens, helps reducing split ends, helps reducing frizz and prevents scalp infections.
Especially Jamaican Black Castor Oil
JBCO also helps prevent hair breakage, dandruff, eczema, dry scalp, and itching.
Because JBCO is rich in vitamin E and omega 6 fatty acids, it is also excellent treating damaged dry and brittle hair by providing intense nutrition to hair and scalp. This oil also attracts and seals moisture in your hair.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil can help eliminating any products accumulation in hair and pores of the scalp. In its all-natural form, it’s safely used on eyebrows and eyelashes to thicken its volume. What we can call the only one withdrawn of this oil is its peculiar odor that some people do not tolerate that much.
– It’s a great moisture sealant.
– Promotes blood circulation in the scalp and therefore growth.
– Contains Vitamin E and Omega 6
– Can be used on eyebrows and eyelashes.
– Promotes the regrowth in bald spots.
– In small amounts as a sealant before or after your leave-in conditioner.
– Great In an oil mix for a hot oil treatment.
– In the scalp to stimulate growth with massages.
– For the greenhouse effect.
2. Coconut Oil
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is much lighter than previous ones, it is the best natural oil for hair and one of the few oils whose benefits have been scientifically proven. This oil is able to penetrate and deeply nourish the hair from the root. Like the olive oil, the extra virgin coconut oil has natural peroxides and can gradually lighten your hair color.
Coconut oil is light, non-greasy and can be easily used by all types of hair. It is one of the few oils that can actually penetrate the hair.
– It’s calming and regenerative.
– It’s Antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-fungal.
– Excellent conditioner for badly treated hair.
– Stimulates growth.
– It’s easily absorbed by hair.
– It has proteins that nourish and help prevent open tips and brittle hair.
– As pre-poo:
Spray your hair with water, apply the oil and leave it for at least 45 minutes. Wash your hair as you usually do.
– To detangle 4c dry hair before washing.
– For the greenhouse effect.
– To improve your favorite conditioner by adding a small amount to it.
– As a Deep Treatment.
As a Dandruff Treatment:
Apply the coconut oil directly to the scalp and leave it for at least 10 minutes before rinsing or shampooing.
– As a lubricant to get great twists-outs, braid outs and more.
When your braids, twist, flat-twits, cornrows, perm rods or flexi rods are completely dry, put a few drops of coconut oil on your fingers to undo them. In that way you will nourish your hair, avoid frizz and get a much brighter and softer result.
3. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is a powerful moisturizer and a great hair protector, it gives our hair a good dose of vitamin E that promotes nutrition and health, making your hair look much better.
By matching sebum, (your natural’s scalp oil), jojoba oil is a great basic oil in your natural hair care routine. This oil can be used to balance the production of oil in the scalp, helping to prevent the oil glands from overproducing oil and causing an oily hair and scalp.
– Contains vitamin E
– It’s similar to sebum produced naturally by our scalp.
– Helps reduce and regulate the production of sebum.
– Keeps the scalp clean and healthy.
– Promotes hair growth and combats infections on our scalp.
– Promotes more elastic curls, gives shine and combats dryness.
– Prevents hair loss.
– Contains Fatty Acids 9, Omega 6 and a saturated fatty acid called docosanol, which helps fight viral infections.
– It’s rich in antioxidants.
– To add slip to your hair and scalp:
Apply a small amount to your hair a few minutes before shampooing.
– To massage the scalp at night.
– To protect hair while swimming:
Apply on your hair before swimming a mixture of jojoba oil and water with a spray bottle.
– To control dandruff.
– To regulate hair loss.
4. Sweet Almond Oil
The sweet almond oil acts as a sealant because it forms a film on hair strands that prevent hydration loss. This light and multi-purpose oil is ideal for all types of hair and offers many benefits for naturally curly hair.
– Nourishes the hair, smoothes the cuticle and controls the hair’s peeling.
– Promotes hair growth and thickening.
– Prevents falling and increases brightness.
– As Moisture Sealant:
Apply a small amount on the top of your moisturized hair to seal in moisture.
– It is also ideal to improve manageability when smoothing hair.
– To apply on dry or damaged hair and awaken weak ends:
If you have weak or dry ends, mix some sweet almond oil and castor oil with rosemary essential oil and rub it in your ends daily or regularly.
– As a Natural heat protector:
When you finish your washing, conditioning and moisturizing routine, apply Sweet Almond oil to protect your hair if heat styling.
5. Rosemary Oil
Rosemary oil (Rosmarinus officinalis) is great for follicles stimulation and therefore, favor hair growth, prevents hair loss and gray hair appearance. It also prevents dandruff, strengthens hair and enhances its shine. This oil is usually used to regulate sebum.
Completely filled with loads of antioxidants, rosemary oil is one of the best oils for natural hair. It’s known as hair growth stimulant, as well as thinning strands and the gray hairs retarder. Like many essential oils, rosemary oil helps soothe and condition the scalp, helping with dandruff and itchiness.
– Soften and Seal
– Promotes growth.
– Slows the growth of gray hairs.
– Regulates sebum.
– Prevents dandruff.
– Gives shine and has an antioxidant load.
– To mix with other oils and use in the greenhouse effect.
– To promote growth, applying a few drops days before washing.
– To mix with other oils and apply as a deep treatment.
Get tons of beauty tips and tricks at KinkyFro!
Note: Each word underlined or blue is linked.